In October 2002 the BLA established an Education and Outreach Committee to promote ongoing lake education opportunities and build support for lake protection and preservation through publications, workshops and outreach activities in the Belgrade Lakes community.
BLA education and outreach initiatives include:
- BLA Newsletter subscribe today
- BLA Brochure and all about us
- Sponsoring the DEP Lake Day program at the Belgrade Center for All Seasons summer camp
- $1000 UMCE Outreach Grant to conduct a DEP LakeSmart workshop in the Belgrades for shoreline property owners
- Bringing the Melinda Ann (the Maine Lakes Conservancy Institute's floating classroom) to Great and Long Ponds
Future goals are to:
- Provide BLA memberships to all new property owners in the Belgrades
- Introduce lake learning programs to the Belgrade schools
- Provide volunteer opportunities for school age children to actively participate in the protection and preservation of Great and Long Ponds
- Organize BLA event during Lake Appreciation Week
- Establish an environmental studies scholarship fund, and a memorial book fund
- Contact us if you would like to learn more or help us in our education and outreach effort!
Phrank Phosphorus coming